As a highly confident and experienced public speaker, and a world-leading expert on football, sports history and museums, Kevin is regularly invited to speak. This is nationally and internationally, at professional and academic conferences around the world, most often as keynote speaker. Kevin is also invited to teach and supervise on academic courses at universities around the world.
Kevin has made frequent media appearances over the past 30 years, whether it be BBC Breakfast News, as a World Cup pundit on Headlines Today in India or National TV news in China. Kevin has also advised on and appeared in a number of TV documentaries.
Kevin is available to appear in the media and comment on football history, sports history, and any aspect of museums and visitor attractions.
Kevin’s academic and professional presentations have included as a keynote speaker:
‘Museums in an Age of Paradox’, International Council of Museums Conference (ICOM), Barcelona.
‘Museums, sport and new audiences’, Mexican Museums Association, Mexico City.
‘I have a dream’. Inspiring Strategic Planning in Museums’, Spanish Cultural Ministry, Madrid, Spain.
‘Sport History, Public History, and Popular Culture: A Growing Engagement’, Australian Association for Sport History Biennial Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
‘Association football: Past, Present, Future’, First World Football Culture Summit, Linzi Football Museum, Linzi, Zibo, China.
Kevin can offer:
- Academic lecturing, teaching and supervision on football history, sports history, and museums.
- Presentations to museums and attractions sector professional audiences.
- MC services at an event, including directing panel discussions and debates.
- Media appearances on football and sports history, museums and popular culture.
- Research for TV documentaries on these subjects.