Museums and attractions
- Created three major new museums.
- Raised and generated over £120 million in capital and revenue.
- Attracted and served over 5 million highly satisfied visitors and 50 million customers.
- Generated over £150 million in economic impact in the cites of Manchester and Preston.
- Developed the world’s finest collection of football memorabilia and archives, including the FIFA Collection.
- Twice nominated for European Museum of the Year (2003 and 2015).
- Hosted a visit by President Xi Jinping of China in 2015.
- Secured and hosted a visit by HRH Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge in 2016.
- Created a visionary £30 million Masterplan to develop the Humber Bridge and its land holdings into a major visitor destination and centre of learning for engineering excellence.
- Widely recognised as the world’s leading professional and academic expert on football museums, sports museums and museums of popular culture.
Writing and Speaking
Written 11 books and 27 academic papers on aspects of football, sport and museums.
Share expertise through regular national and international media appearances and through over 50 presentations at professional and academic conferences around the world, most often as a keynote speaker.